The wait is finally over!
I am proud to announce that version 1 of Cookie Free Analytics is now available for purchase at £50 per website. There is also a trial version available so you can try before you buy.
With just under 2 months till the EU cookie law starts being enforced, its time to start working on your "Plan B". With a CFA enabled website you will have a low cost back up plan should the worst happen and you need to remove the traditional ga.js.
Version 1 is the result of a months hard work, but this is just the beginning for the list of ideas I have planned. If the project is popular and people buy it, I will continue working on new features.
Click here to buy Cookie Free Analytics Standard
After a busy week of testing and tweaking I am happy to announce that the Standard version of CFA is ready to be called "Version 1". The code base has now been frozen to stop my endless fiddling, if it doesn't work now it can wait till the next release "the new iPad" aka "Version 1.01".
There is only so much testing one person can do with access to a limited amount of websites, which is why it's now time to start on the documentation ready for a quiet launch at the beginning of April - For those worried it is all going to be a really long running "April Fools" joke, shame on you, I need to get this released before my birthday, two stag weekends and my own wedding in mid May!
I plan to take a branch of the code and release a "Trial" version, with a few limitations (see here). It will have a limit to the number of page views before it will stop working (just recycle the app pool to kick it back into life), and in debug mode it will "phone home" with a copy of the image request that gets sent to Google (It will only show your web server IP, not the visitors).
Hello everyone! It's been over a month since the last blog post so here is an update of what I've been up to...
Since my first post at the start of Feb (about server side Google Analytics and the EU cookie law), I've been receiving more traffic to the blog than I was expecting - it seems there are a lot of other folks out there looking for any news or potential solutions to the cookie issue. The irony isn't lost that I got this from GA.
As there were a lot of people looking for answers (or solutions), I decided to resume my search and found what might be a solution.... for those running PHP and Linux! No real evidence of a supported and active solution for the rest of us running Windows / IIS / ASP.net.
That's when I decided that if there isn't a solution out there to negate the impact of having no guaranteed access to Google Analytics then I might as well revisit my posts in Feb and see if I can do one myself.....